Getting a Handle on What Seems to be Stopping You – Newsletter 28th November 2023 by Karen Curry Parker.
Hello Cosmic Revolutionary,
For many of us, there is a gap between the life we have and the life we long for. This gap is often filled with resistance – the failure to do those things we know we need to do to move out of our current life and into a juicier, more abundant life.
Most of us are taught that we can close this gap with willpower.
If we can’t harness the will to cross that gap then we often think of ourselves as weak, lacking in willpower, or as failures.
Resistance is a kind of formless and difficult thing to tackle if you don’t know the source of the resistance. When we fail to make friends with resistance and grow the skills necessary to work with our resistance we get confused. This confusion causes us to not know when to push (because sometimes you WILL have to) or how to interpret the message that resistance has for us.
Why do we resist our growth and expansion?
This is a question I’ve been grappling with all of my professional life. Is it as simple as some people have willpower, and some people don’t?
I don’t think so.
To get a handle on what seems to be stopping you, we have to explore what lies in the gap between where you are right now and where you want to be. You can’t make an action plan if you don’t have clarity about what is holding you back.
1. Where Are You Right Now?
The very first step is to take an honest assessment of where you are right now. Sometimes this first step is enough to realize that something has to change! I’ve included an assessment for you that I’ve used for years to help you get clarity about what you want and where you are right now.
(Please do not use this tool to beat yourself up. An honest assessment of where you are right now is just the first step in building a path towards what you truly want for your life.)
Click HERE and take this assessment:
2. Explore Your Emotional Theme.
The second step is to explore the Emotional Theme for your Type. Is your Emotional Theme activated? Are you experiencing chronic anger, frustration, bitterness, or disappointment? If so, then what message does your Emotional Theme have for you?
Initiator/Time Bender: Chronic Anger = An inner and outer environment that is not supporting your creative flow
Alchemist/Time Bender: Chronic Frustration = Staying too long in an unhealthy situation or quitting too early (and so often) that you don’t get to experience a breakthrough
Orchestrator: Chronic Bitterness = A crisis in self-worth and the need for rest and healing
Calibrator: Chronic Disappointment = Not taking the time you need to decide and being surrounded by people who aren’t fulfilling their potential
3. Explore the Shadow Themes of Your Centers.
The third step is to explore the shadow themes of your Centers in your chart. We often lose energy and burn out when we misuse our natural energy configuration in an attempt to prove our value or our lovability.
Here are some contemplations for you to consider for each of your Centers. (It doesn’t matter if they are Defined or Open.)
The Quantum Interface Center:
- Am I afraid of the unknown?
- Do I trust the Universe to reveal the next right step?
- Am I under pressure to figure things out?
The Divine Translator Center:
- Am I struggling to be certain about fixed ideas and beliefs?
- Are my beliefs about myself and my situation serving my highest good?
The Activation Center:
- Do I choose my words carefully?
- How can I better use my words to build more love, coherence, unity, and expansion in the world?
- Do I feel invisible?
- Do I speak my truth?
- Do I feel like I deserve to be seen and heard?
The Calibration Center:
- Do I feel loved and accepted for who I am?
- Do I compromise who I am to please others?
- Do I feel safe to be myself fully?
The Resource Center:
- Do I value myself?
- Do I trust Source?
- Do I push with my power instead of waiting for right alignment?
- How do I measure my value?
The Creative Center:
- Do I trust in right timing?
- Do I trust in the abundance of the Universe?
- Do I understand my emotions?
- Do I repress or shut down my emotions?
- Am I afraid to get excited about the future?
The Evolution Center:
- Do I trust in the unfolding of the Divine Plan?
- Do I trust I’ll know what to do when it’s time to do it?
- Has quitting kept me from doing what I came here to do?
- Do I know when enough is enough?
- Am I burned out?
The Self-Actualization Center:
- Do I trust myself?
- Do I let fear keep me paralyzed in inaction?
- Do I trust that I’ll know what I need to know when I need to know it?
- Am I creating in alignment with my integrity and my authentic self?
- Do I have patterns from the past that are keeping me trapped?
The Divine Timing Center:
- Is what I want aligned with my joy?
- Is my dream big enough or have I settled?
- Am I setting the stage and preparing for my dream to come true? If not, what do I need to do to be ready for my dream to start manifesting?
- Have I cleaned up and unfinished business so that there is room in my life for my dream?
- What am I grateful for?
- Is there anything in my life right now that is distracting me from focusing on what I want?
- Do I have a community of supporting friends and family to help me when I feel resistance?
- Do I have enough faith to move forward – even if I can’t see “proof” yet?
- Do I have a vision of what I truly want? And am I using the power of visualization to keep my energy and focus in a high-energy state?
These are not the only steps to figuring out what is sparking your resistance, but my intuition this week is to give you some things to think about and, hopefully, some insights that might help you see what you may be resistant to growth and expansion.
Next week we’ll explore this topic again in the context of the Celestial weather and the transits ahead in 2024.
Here’s to spanning the gap and taking quantum leaps of expansion towards your dreams!
From my Heart to Yours,
P.S. If you want to learn more about your Human Design chart, (which you can download here for FREE) the Kindle version of two of my Human Design books are on sale for .99 on Amazon.
BOTH BOOKS ON SALE FOR 99 Cents on Kindle!
This is what Karen Curry Parker tells all students new to Human Design, especially when they may be overwhelmed by all the rich and complex information outlined in an individual’s Human Design chart.
While Parker’s bestselling book Understanding Human Design gives the reader all the information they need to absorb and integrate the beauty and nuance of the system in depth,
The Human Design Workbook offers the space for beginners to enter into this fascinating system through the most accessible means available to them: their own chart.
Through clear explanations of each aspect of Human Design as well as a series of powerful journal prompts and exercises, Parker will lead you through the clear path to understanding not only your own personal chart but also how your chart can open up whole new paths of understanding into your innate creative potential and authentic life purpose.
Read this book, dive into the rich world of Human Design, and uncover the means to live into the destiny you were meant for from the moment you were born.
We hope this has helped you to get a handle on what seems to be stopping you.
Thanks for reading our weekly Newsletter!